- Social Media Addiction
Are you addicted to social media? Do you spend most of your time chatting with friends on Facebook, Tweeting on Twitter, posting photos on Instagram or sharing posts on Google+? Did you know that you can utilize this passion to make money? YES, YOU CAN!
Did you know that:
A) Facebook Facts:
There are 850 million monthly active users on Facebook.
There are 1+ million Facebook-integrated websites.
77% of B2C companies and 43% of B2B companies acquired customers from Facebook.
B) Twitter Facts:
Top 10 countries on Twitter are USA, Brazil and Japan.
34% of marketers have generated leads through twitter.
77% of Fortune global 100 companies have Twitter accounts.
C) Pinterest Facts:
Hit 10 million US monthly unique visitor faster than any independent site in history.
2,702.2% increase in total unique visitors since May 2011.
69% of online consumers who visit Pinterest have found an item they've bought or wanted to buy.
25% of Fortune global companies have Pinterest accounts.
D) Google+ Facts:
There are 500 million Google+ registered users.
48% of Fortune global companies are now on Google+.
40% of Marketers use Google+.
70% want to learn more about it.
67% plan on increasing Google+ activities.
Why is Social Media important for business?
1- Connecting with customers.
50% of small business owners reported gaining new customers through social media.
85% of all businesses with a dedicated social media platform reported an increase in their market exposure.
70% of marketers are looking to expand their mix of platforms.
Social Media Tips:
- Tweets with 100 characters received higher engagement than longer tweets.
- Posts from 1- 4 PM result in a higher average click through.
- People are engaged by: 44% Pictures, 40% Status Updates and 37% Videos.
Respond to customers:
- 56% of customers tweets to companies are being ignored.
- 15% increase in churn rate for existing customers for failure to respond.
- 23% of companies collect and analyze data.
- 30% of brands are not using social media to its fullest because they lack employees with the right skills.
- Companies should hire dedicated social media marketing professionals, especially those with a degree.